Bill's Computer Circus
Don't get caught with your system down.
NOTICE: This web site may not render correctly in older browers like Internet Explorer 5.2 for the Mac. May the gods help you if you are using Internet Explorer on any machine! Otherwise, if this site does not look right on your browser, please let me know what browser you are using (and what version and on what computer). Thanks!
"Visual Basic makes the easy things easier. Delphi makes the hard things easy."
-- unknown
Wednesday, June 23, 2004
 
I got tired of the blog being in reverse chronological order. To me it always seems to make more sense to read about events in the same sequence that they occur.

Call me odd.

So, I decided I would try to put my new knowledge of style sheets to use, along with javascript, and see if I could re-sequence my blog display, since everything comes up in reverse order. And Blogger does not provide an option to change that -- WHY?

Well, after hours and hours of futzing with the f-ing thing, it kind of sort of works to some degree, but I bet it doesn't work on anything but IE. I cannot believe the inconsistencies that exist in this web technology. How much money is spent in this industry on wasted time, working around all the discrepancies? This is driving me close to a murderous rage - something to make a Lifetime movie about.

I am about to just abandon this whole thing and pick a stock template and live with the reverse order of things. Or simplify the whole thing by showing one entry on the page and have an index that is listed in chronological order. I just don't get it. Every book or journal or whatever I have ever read, I started at the beginning and ended at the end. Why can't the blog work the same way? Why is there no option for that? Why am I wasting my time on this when I could be EATING or SLEEPING or TAKING A CRAP?

Oh, the Web just brings out the best in me. It represents all that is wrong with computers (beyond the fact that they simply exist). Anyway, I'll stop ranting now. It seems my blog entries these days are just rants. Rant, rant, rant.

RANT!


The rants go marching one by one, hurrah, hurrah...

OK, it's almost Noon. I think I'll go eat breakfast now!


posted by Bill  # 11:31 AM