Bill's Computer Circus
Don't get caught with your system down.
NOTICE: This web site may not render correctly in older browers like Internet Explorer 5.2 for the Mac. May the gods help you if you are using Internet Explorer on any machine! Otherwise, if this site does not look right on your browser, please let me know what browser you are using (and what version and on what computer). Thanks!
"Visual Basic makes the easy things easier. Delphi makes the hard things easy."
-- unknown
Wednesday, June 02, 2004
 
Well, I got the first previews of my head shots back, and it looks like I'm going to have to do them over. Ugh! It was my first time, and it is a new style of picture taking for the photographer I am using, so we're just going to do it again.

That's OK.

In the meantime, I am sitting here in my shop with my digital camera, thinking of various expressions I might try, and I started just snapping a bunch of pictures of myself. One reminded me of Data, the artificial life form on the Star Trek television series (Next Generation). So, I thought about it for a minute and wondered, if I was an artificial life form - you know, something borne out of the technology that so rules my life - what would an appropriate name for me be? Well, with computers, if you put garbage in, you get garbage out, right?

So, meet GIGO, Data's other brother:


Pretty scary, huh?

posted by Bill  # 1:46 PM