Bill's Computer Circus
Don't get caught with your system down.
NOTICE: This web site may not render correctly in older browers like Internet Explorer 5.2 for the Mac. May the gods help you if you are using Internet Explorer on any machine! Otherwise, if this site does not look right on your browser, please let me know what browser you are using (and what version and on what computer). Thanks!
"Visual Basic makes the easy things easier. Delphi makes the hard things easy."
-- unknown
Tuesday, July 27, 2004
 
It looks like I will be getting a Mac. A dual 2.0 GHz G5 system. With Final Cut Pro. I'll be editing the short film that the group just shot last week.

I am enrolling in a Final Cut Pro class at the College of San Mateo. Better late than never - I just got admitted, so now I have to go through all the remaining hoops to get in (assessment tests, meet a counselor, etc., etc.). Ugh. Not sure I'm ready for school again.

I may also enroll in this class: http://www.csmrobotics.com/. A friend of mine is taking it and I paid a visit to the shop last night - way cool. I guess I like doing combat robots. Hey, I need an outlet somewhere. Besides, I'll need something to pose with if I ever get a Nuke the Moon tee-shirt.

As for my RC4 device, I decided to stop wasting my time tracking down that one last issue, so I have frozen development and will soon (very soon) install it into my Trike, along with a computer, and start using it. I think I've been waiting long enough. Two years is about 1.75 years longer than I thought it would be.

Well, gotta get busy. Like I'm not - ha! How the hell do people work full time and have a life, too? I don't want to go back to work, but I just got a lead on a technical writing position. Ugh. We'll see where that leads. At least now I don't feel like I have to be married to a job. If I get the job and don't like it, I'll quit. Life is too short - I work to live, not live to work!

Live!

Oh, before I go, if you haven't seen the "This Land" animation at http://www.jibjab.com, then go check it out. That's my political statement for the day.


posted by Bill  # 1:40 PM