Bill's Computer Circus
Don't get caught with your system down.
NOTICE: This web site may not render correctly in older browers like Internet Explorer 5.2 for the Mac. May the gods help you if you are using Internet Explorer on any machine! Otherwise, if this site does not look right on your browser, please let me know what browser you are using (and what version and on what computer). Thanks!
"Visual Basic makes the easy things easier. Delphi makes the hard things easy."
-- unknown
Monday, December 06, 2004
 
What an ordeal. I was working hard to prepare for my first bout with my new combat robot, but the biggest problem I had was burning a DVD on the Macintosh. iDVD has some seriously annoying bugs. One of which - for SOME reason that it won't report - is its inability to burn my project on a DVD. It took me three days to finaggle it to the point where it would actually create the actual DVD. Then, afterward, I discovered the DVD was not correct. I had 7 or 8 selections in a "Special Features" section that - after any one of them finished playing - would just stop. The DVD would just stop playing. It wouldn't return to the menu - it would just stop.

Very ANNOYING!

Anyway, the DVD was delivered to its intended client, and he offered me some money for it. He said he didn't care that it stopped, but god I hate delivering sub-par products. That's just not my style - mostly because I don't like receiving sub-par products.

Enough of my rant. Oh! But wait! This is a Computer Circus blog! Never mind - rant on!!!

posted by Bill  # 4:32 PM