Bill's Computer Circus
Don't get caught with your system down.
NOTICE: This web site may not render correctly in older browers like Internet Explorer 5.2 for the Mac. May the gods help you if you are using Internet Explorer on any machine! Otherwise, if this site does not look right on your browser, please let me know what browser you are using (and what version and on what computer). Thanks!
"Visual Basic makes the easy things easier. Delphi makes the hard things easy."
-- unknown
Sunday, March 06, 2005
 
Oh, man, I have no idea what I have gotten myself into. I'm not getting very far away from computers. Is there anything that doesn't involve computers these days?

I am so entrenched in After Effects and Flash and Photoshop that I am now spending more time on the computer than ever. Even with my video - most of the time is spent importing the footage, sorting it out, cutting it up, assembling it, massaging it, finaggling it...all in the friggin COMPUTER!

It amazes me still that after all this time, nobody seems to have a handle on user interfaces. These are supposedly top-of-the-line tools, yet they still leave me frustrated. I keep asking myself, "why did they do it this way?" or "why didn't they do it that way?" It annoys me. And it annoys me greater still that the apps on the Mac seem to crash with greater frequency than they do on the PC.

No real surprise there. Software is software. But I had higher hopes for the Mac.

At least when something crashes on the Mac, it usually doesn't take the whole operating system down with it. If there is one good thing that has come of it, it is that I am now saving my work quite frequently. If my drive spins down between saves, I know it has been too long.

Anyway, I will be adding a couple of things to my video production pages, soon. I am working on a couple of mid-term assignments that are coming out pretty good. My Flash project is especially funny (at least I think so). I have spent hours and hours and hours on it, and I'm not sick of it, yet, so that's a pretty good sign. I keep getting chuckles out of it, even though I have seen it a hundred times. It has a ways to go, yet (timewise), but only one aspect remains to be animated.

Well, it is half-past midnight and I just finished importing some video (after working ALL DAY on my Flash project). Yes, it is Saturday. Pretty sad. I'm actually going to get out of the house tomorrow. No, really. Believe me. I promise!!

posted by Bill  # 12:25 AM