Bill's Computer Circus
Don't get caught with your system down.
NOTICE: This web site may not render correctly in older browers like Internet Explorer 5.2 for the Mac. May the gods help you if you are using Internet Explorer on any machine! Otherwise, if this site does not look right on your browser, please let me know what browser you are using (and what version and on what computer). Thanks!
"Visual Basic makes the easy things easier. Delphi makes the hard things easy."
-- unknown
Thursday, October 13, 2005
 
Listen While You Read
After visiting Orion's McBlog and enjoying the experience of listening to music playing while reading the latest entry, I thought I would add music to my blog, too. I think you can kind of get an idea about a person by what music they listen to, plus the music can set the mood for the reading experience.

I don't think I will change my song every day...although I could automate that. I created a little Flash movie that you can see in the right nav bar - it is just a very simple MP3 player. Currently, it can only play one song that I hard-coded into it. But I will be expanding on it over time, adding XML functionality and maybe a desktop or web-based utility to make it easy for me to update the song. I also want to have it keep a history of songs that have played - and the dates they were posted - so you can scroll back and see what you missed. I don't have the disk space to retain all the song files, but at least I will include the title and artist. I will also add a display to the face of it to show information about the song that is currently playing.

The first (and current) song as of this posting, is "What I Am" by Edit Brickell.

I don't know if I will do the same with my Haphazard Musings blog, but if I had a song up there today, it would be Highway to the Danger Zone. Check it out.

posted by Bill  # 11:28 AM