Bill's Computer Circus
Don't get caught with your system down.
NOTICE: This web site may not render correctly in older browers like Internet Explorer 5.2 for the Mac. May the gods help you if you are using Internet Explorer on any machine! Otherwise, if this site does not look right on your browser, please let me know what browser you are using (and what version and on what computer). Thanks!
"Visual Basic makes the easy things easier. Delphi makes the hard things easy."
-- unknown
Sunday, April 02, 2006
 
Priceless Memories
I have been digging through some boxes of old personal items, and I came across a journal entry that was so absolutely priceless, I had to transcribe it here. It is from November 19, 1979! It reads as follows:

----

I think that computers are starting to take over my life. Ever since school started (even a couple weeks before) I have been working on a computer program. I have (at least I think I have) found the last error in the program.

I have been working on the program every day after school. It would practically be the only thing I would do for the rest of the day. Now that I am almost finished with the program, I am wondering what I am going to do with my afternoons.

It seems like I write a lot of stories that have some relation to computers. Even in this journal I'm talking about computers. I think I'm going to ease up a little bit and take a rest from programming for a while...at least after I finish the one I'm working on.

----

Now, if this wasn't a premonition of things to come, I don't know what is! Looks like the obsession never waned, despite my desire to break away. As my wife said, "you might as well face it - you're a computer junkie."

posted by Bill  # 2:42 PM